Re: Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois database!

  • From: Bryan Venable
  • Date: Fri Apr 23 20:55:47 1999

I noticed this as well - one of our contact handles has vanished from
WHOIS.  I spoke with a service rep at Network Solutions about this
yesterday.  After speaking with her supervisor, she called me back
that afternoon and left a message stating that the information was
not lost from the internal NSI database, only from the WHOIS database.
She said this was due to a problem with an update they were running and
that it should be fixed within 24-48 hours from the time she called me.

This doesn't appear to be having any effect on anything besides WHOIS
(registering, modifying, deleting, etc.), but it's still annoying.

--
Bryan Venable
TAC2 Systems Engineer