Re: Sprint 1999 NOC contact drill

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Apr 16 18:29:50 1999

Well, there was another major fiber cut today (Friday) partioning a couple
of large networks, so I stopped calling before I made it through the entire
list.  I'll pickup where I left of on Monday.

For those interested here is the preliminary count so far

    62 attempted contacts
    45 verified working contacts

It seems to be going slower this time due to a large number of ACD systems
with very long waiting times and which usually drop the call after you've
been on hold for a while.  There have also been a large number of mergers
in the last year, and phones are being forwarded in some very bizzare ways,
to people who really have no idea what they are doing.