Survey

  • From: Ira Richer
  • Date: Fri Apr 16 09:39:04 1999

The FCC has chartered the Network Reliability and Interoperability Council (NRIC) to address a number of issues about the reliability of communications systems, primarily traditional telcos. One of the issues being addressed is a determination of what information about outage data is being collected by "other industry segments" -- i.e., communications industries other than telcos. This includes, e.g., cable, satellite, paging, and ISPs. Wearing my hat as Executive Director of IOPS, I am a member of the subcommittee that is doing this work. In order to get as broad a response as possible from ISPs, I am sending this message to the NANOG mailing list, soliciting your participation in a questionnaire being conducted by the subcommittee.

If you might be interested in participating, please send an email note to John Healy, who is copied on this message. He will then send you softcopy of the questionnaire. All data collected from companies will be protected and treated as proprietary. The information will be aggregated on an industry-wide basis and not by company.

The questionnaire is straightforward and will take very little time. I encourage you to support this data-collection effort.

Ira Richer