Re: Testing backup communication systems between operators

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Fri Apr 09 18:56:48 1999

On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 05:46:16PM -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:
>     - Geographic coverage of some radios require relocation of antennas
>     - Personnel require training on the use of backup systems. Some had
>        only recently been installed, and little training occurred prior to
>        the drill
>     - Congestion on the backup systems indicated a need to establish and
>        practice traffic priorities
>     - Some backup transmissions were noisy
>     - A "small number" of backup systems did not work
>     - Severe weather in the Midwest hampered some activities

Um, so, gee; they had the same problems ham radio operators have been
working around for 50 years now?

Cheers,
-- jr '_how_ much do we pay these people?' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.