Re: IRRs [was Re: OPS: BGP spew from ASN 7374]

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Thu Apr 08 09:51:49 1999

"Alex P. Rudnev" wrote:

[snip]

> And it's bad idea to have SINGLE data base. You have a chance to get new
> INTERNIC -:).

That's certainly an issue... I would settle for a few databases,
especially if there was a definitive list of who did filtering
(especially filtering outside of their own customers) and valid contact
info AND test addresses for each. I'd still like a methodical, reliable
way to test a new ASN once brought online. Today one activates and then
spends a few weeks waiting for users to find landmines.

Daniel Senie                                        [email protected]
Amaranth Networks Inc.            http://www.amaranthnetworks.com