NIC pages

  • From: Patrick Greenwell
  • Date: Fri Apr 02 21:44:32 1999

Many of you were upset about the redirection of internic.net to
www.networksolutions.com.

So was I.

Rather than just scream about it, which is great for getting all that
pent-up frustration out but doesn't really address the issue, I decided
to try to find a solution.

Here's what I came up with:

http://209.133.38.12 (yes, I know it doesn't have a host name, that's up
to you...)

What I have done is created an identity neutral website where you can
register domain names, get whois information via a web interface, and
modify information. Kind of like what http://www.internic.net used to be.

It isn't finished yet, however if an option is present on the site, it
should work.

I am using the excellent "Super Whois" located at
http://www.geektools.com.

Special thanks to J.D. Falk for hosting the site.

Comments/suggestions/bug reports welcome.