Re: Internic and PGP

  • From: David Shaw
  • Date: Wed Mar 31 10:30:16 1999

On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 05:48:18PM -0800, J.D. Falk wrote:

> On 03/30/99, Jeff Frost <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else been having problems modifying domain templates, etc using
> > PGP authentication at the Internic?  I called today because I've been
> > having problems for a week and was told that Network Solutions is having
> > difficulties with their PGP keyserver.  No ETA on when it's going to be
> > fixed.  I'm just wondering if this is the truth or if the tech is just not
> > willing to help me with my domain issues.
>
> 	It's been nonfunctional (at least according to NSI) for some
> 	time now, probably more than a year, though they may have
> 	had it functional for short periods therein.

I wasn't aware that NSI had announced it was nonfunctional.  If they
officially know that it's down, whyintheheck do they still promote it on
their web site?

Call me crazy, but p romoting a service that they know is broken (and has
been broken for months) and has no particular ETA to be fixed seems like a
stupid thing to do.

So Guardian is dead, and now there are going to be a lot more
registrations like 'mybigstiffy.com' (try a whois on it), and a lot more
people registering all sorts of domains and pointing them to random
nameservers.  Oh joy, what a wonderful leap *backwards* this all is.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  [email protected]  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/