Re: Root servers and transition

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Sat Mar 27 13:39:38 1999

On 03/27/99, Bruce Campbell <[email protected]> wrote:

> The 'Internet' is a physical and social network which was founded on
> casual trust.  Hackers have shown that this trust can be abused, Crackers
> have shown that it will be abused.  And NetSOL?

	I think NetSol is showing us that trust or distrust should
	be determined not on the basis of the function that a company
	provides, no matter how seemingly altruistic, but instead on
	the controlling interests behind that company.

	In other words, trusting or distrusting the InterNIC has
	become totally immaterial because Network Solutions has the
	ability to make drastic changes at any time -- instead we
	must decide whether or not to trust Network Solutions.

	This is becoming political, so I'll stop now.

  |     "Life is a bridge.  Cross over it but build no house on it."     |
  |                               -- Gautama Buddha                      |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----