Re: Network Topology

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Wed Mar 24 11:11:15 1999

	my biggest concerns would be the following:

	1) Fiber Cuts that take out your t1's
	2) Power Outages
	3) Router Failures

	Getting a few t1's from different providers will help,
yes, as it will provide you the ability to manage your network
such that if one provider has a failure, you can
use the others, assuming they are bgp4+ speakers and you can
do proper automatic failover.

	Do you have LEC fiber on premise?  is it properly protected?
Do you have proper generators, batteries, etc.. to keep
this alive?  Do all your t1's come in on that, or on a similar lightspan unit?

	If you have (for example) MFS + (insert other LEC here) on premise
and bring your t1's in on seperate carriers to providers who are on those
carriers, (ie: saying on MFS/LEC fiber to other provider), you'll
be in good shape barring a bomb threat, fire, or chemical spill.

	- Jared