Re: DNS entry abuse question

  • From: Joe Shaw
  • Date: Fri Mar 19 13:14:21 1999

I honestly don't think there's much you can do regarding someone else
pointing an A record at one of your machines if you don't run DNS for the
domain that the A record is coming from.  Now, you could just make it part
of your acceptable use policy or student handbook that it's not acceptable
to be doing things like that with possible penalities (expulsion, things
like that).  But really, is the offense such that it warrants drastic
action?

--
Joseph W. Shaw - [email protected]
Freelance Computer Security Consultant and Perl Programmer