Re: (!) Vint Cerf designing network for solar system (!)

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Sat Mar 13 00:05:03 1999

At 07:52 PM 3/12/99 -0800, Michael Dillon wrote:
We're planning on also offering an FTL version where the return packets
will arrive before the outgoing packets have left. But we still have some
problems to work out with RTT before we can do this.
To improve speed in processing, let the response packets tell the sender what the CRC's for the outbound packets were, so the sender doesn't need to calculate them. :)