Re: Smurf amp notification script?

  • From: Troy Davis
  • Date: Thu Mar 11 16:21:32 1999

On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 01:03:43PM -0600, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> Does anyone have a script that takes a list of IP addresses, looks
> them up in whois, and mails the contact for them and tells them
> they're a smurf amp (with appropriate pointers to self-help files,
> etc)?
>
> If it can read sorted output from Cisco "sh ip cache flow", that'd be
> a bonus.

No, but we'd be interested in this if you come across one.  Ronald Guilmette's
ipw (www.e-scrub.com/ipw/) is the closest I've seen, and it's unreliable at
best.

In the near future, netscan.org will be emailing the admins of every /24 smurf
amp on the net.  We're updating our whole amp database before that, though,
and hoping to have this global rescan up in the next few weeks.

--
Troy Davis
netscan.org