Re: Whois lookup info

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Wed Mar 10 13:24:56 1999

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Dan Bustillos - Datalink Internet wrote:

> Maybe someone can help. In the past you could do a lookup at the 'nic
> with  /server (Server nic handle) Now you can't. Does anyone have any
> ideas?

It's politics now.

Network Solutions is unilaterally making changes to the Internic services
they offer without any notice or any attempt to publicly consult with
network operators. The only way I can thnk of to address this is the
political route. Start by making a formal request to ICANN
http://www.icann.org for this service and explain why it is needed. Follow
up with a formal complaint to the Department of Commerce in Washington DC
regarding the sudden withdrawal of the service.

Or sit silently on your hands, bellyache with your friends and deserve
what you get. That's how politics works. You have no choice as to whether
you play the game of politics. Your only choice is what role to play.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: [email protected]
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com