Re: InterNIC Weekend Outage?

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Thu Mar 04 19:25:38 1999

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Ehud Gavron wrote:

> I suppose I can share parts of a story.  I went to use a legacy /16
> we had only to see in-addrs fail.  Checking the Internic/Arin registry
> showed no entry.

There is no such thing as the Internic/ARIN registry. There is an Internic
registry operated by Network Solutions. And there is an ARIN registry
operated by ARIN which you can query by

whois -h whois.arin.net 128.65

or

whois [email protected]

depending on your whois client.

> Upon contacting the NIC I was told "Prove it's yours."  I said
> "you're the guys with the database, and WHOIS isn't showing it,
> put it back and I'll prove it's mine."

Who is this "NIC" that you contacted?

> Feel free to find 128.65.0/16 anywhere.  Let me know who you think
> it belongs to.

Since this block doesn't show up in ARIN's whois database I'll assume that
you are complaining about that fact. If so, why aren't you directing your
complaints to [email protected] or (703) 227-0660 as noted on the ARIN
web pages at http://www.arin.net ?

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: [email protected]
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com