Re: Is there anyone at Netcom with a clue

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Mon Mar 01 21:27:41 1999

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 05:58:59PM -0600, Phil Howard wrote:
> trying to collect a past due account (since I had to cut off payment
> to get them cut off, it would look to their books like unpaid).  He
> then said he had a copy of my resume and asked me if I might be
> interested in working for them.  I related my experiences to him
> and asked if the problems had been corrected, yet.  He said he didn't
> know.  I said it probably wasn't the place for me to work.  He then
> said "probably not".
>
> It's corporate culture.  Beware.
>
> OTOH, I get relatively little spam from Netcom.  Go figure.

They seem to have finally gotten the clue last year, having dumped a couple
big spammers.

But they CONTINUE to send back auto-acks to spam complaints that make them
look like they are run by a bunch of untrained monkeys.

--
Steve Sobol [email protected] (AKA [email protected] and [email protected])

    "The world is headed for mutiny/When all we want is unity"
          --Creed, "One"