Re: Suggestion: Add contact entry to whois

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Fri Feb 26 14:11:15 1999

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 11:39:56AM -0600, Phil Howard wrote:

> Define "abuse".  It comes in a lot of categories, anyway.  Which category
> do you think an abuse contact should be getting them for?  Smurf?  Flood?
> Spam?  Bad BGP?  Hacking?

All of the above, except BGP issues. And the abuse/security desks at many
providers are NOT the same people who handle day-to-day tech support; I'd
like to have easy access to the phone numbers and e-mail addresses of both
the network support people and the abuse people.

--
Steve Sobol [email protected] (AKA [email protected] and [email protected])

    "The world is headed for mutiny/When all we want is unity"
          --Creed, "One"