Re: transit across the ixs

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Wed Feb 17 07:01:36 1999

>you might be amused to write a bit of code to see if your ix peers are
>giving you next-hops of other provider(s).  it is clear that a number of
>providers are selling transit across the ixs.  not at all cool.

Note that CIX does this by default at PAIX and on PB-SMDS.  Not that those
are major exchanges by Randy's likely definition.  The only time we force
next-hop-self is if the peer deliberately asks the exchange operator for
port filtering, or if we're otherwise explicitly requested by a BGP peer
send routes with next-hop-self.
--
Paul Vixie <[email protected]>