Re: Discussing, or not discussing, major business outages

  • From: I Am Not An Isp
  • Date: Tue Feb 09 15:53:53 1999

At 11:22 AM 2/9/99 -0500, Ravi Pina wrote:

>In a utopian world, the upstream of whoever had to close doors would
>pickup the circuit keeping the affected customers "in business" and
>extend them circuit offers wil the install waived or something.

What if it is the upstream who is closing the doors?

Besides, that's not always possible.  It is simple if we're talking about a
single-homed hosting house who is only late on their transit bill, but it
gets very complicated when multiple vendors, upstreams, utilities,
landlords, lease payments, contracts, employees, insurance, etc., etc. are
involved.

>-r

TTFN,
patrick

I Am Not An Isp
www.ianai.net
ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>
"Think of it as evolution in action." - Niven & Pournelle