Re: SNMP Hub management tools

  • From: Matt Braun
  • Date: Tue Feb 09 13:16:15 1999

Well, it has been some time since I posted this, and the responses have died
down.  Here is a sumary of the responses.

They came in a couple of categories.

For management of hubs (port deactivation, etc), there were several responses
that all essentially said that they script their own using the snmpwalk
ucd-snmp packages, and that their solutions were not available for outside
use.

For statistics, several people (including myself) use mrtg
(http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html)

Is there anyone out there that knows of managment toools that missed the first
query?  It suprises me that managable hubs sell so well if the only tools to
manage them are the Openview/Optivity solutions and whatever people cobble
together themselves.

Thanks to all that responded.

Matt