Re: Monitoring, Flow Stats (Re: spam whore, norcal-systems)

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Thu Feb 04 00:44:11 1999

At 17:32 2/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>At 04:48 PM 2/3/1999 -0500, Dean Robb wrote:
>
>>"Scope of 18 U.S.C 2511 Prohibitions
>>
>>Section 2511 of Title 18 prohibits the unauthorized interception,
>>disclosure, and use of wire, oral, or electronic communications.  The
>>prohibitions are absolute, subject only to the specific exemptions in Title
>>III. Consequently, unless an interception is
>>specifically authorized, it is impermissible and, assuming existence of the
>>requisite criminal intent, in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2511."
>
>Whoa, whoa, whoa. "specifically authorized" means no transitive
>authorization.

*Sigh*...more in sorrow than anger...read the website, that's why it's
posted.  And kindly note the *very important* "assuming existence of the
REQUISITE criminal intent..."; clearly saying that it ain't a crime if
there isn't criminal intent.

Or are we ignoring that inconvenient part of the rules?

Microsoft Windows(tm):  How much hair did you want to tear out today?

Dean Robb
PC-EASY computer services
(757) 495-EASY [3279]