SNMP Hub management tools

  • From: Matt Braun
  • Date: Sat Jan 30 17:08:20 1999

Since the System monitoring query had such good results, I am going to try a
variation.  I am looking for SNMP management tools (windows or Unix) that can
use multiple MIBS for an environment with hubs from several different vendors.
The tools need not be GUI, and I am espically interested in 'free' tools.  The
functionality I am looking for includes (but is not limitted to):

	gathering port / board pps and bps information
	port link status
	the ability to determine what port an IP addresses / MAC addreses is
		connected to
	enable / disable ports
	reset hub / hub management

Don't bother reporting on Openview and Optivity...I know about those :-)

Please send responses to me personally (with URLS or other appropriate
pointers) and I will digest / sumarize them and send them to the list.

			Matt