Re: Busy Connect

  • From: Phil Howard
  • Date: Wed Jan 27 22:57:11 1999

William Allen Simpson wrote:

> Good thing there isn't a 3 or a 1166 in my dialing sequence.

The only condition I can think of why a modem would need to dial some
digits after a phone number that could go busy is to dial an extension.
That could be a problem, but I cannot imagine an ISP setting up their
service with an extension to a phone number.

Re-dialing should be done after an on-hook off-hook cycle, which should
be long enough to avoid the new optional conference calling services.

--
  --   | Inturnet, Inc.              | Director of Internet Services |   --