Re: Who uses RADB/IRR?

  • From: Dean Anderson
  • Date: Sat Jan 23 15:45:32 1999

Actually, we just became multihomed last month.  I'm not aware of any
problems getting to other parts of the net, and definitely no problems with
C&W.

[Also, my apologies if this a newbie BGP question]

I started looking at the RADB, but haven't got ourselves setup yet.  Does
anyone actually deny routes which aren't listed in the RADB?  I guess what
I'm really asking is how important is it to be in the RADB? Does it get
more important sometime soon?

I would also tend to think [based on limited BGP knowledge] that it would
only be a problem if your direct upstream used the RADB or if your upstream
is RADB filtered by their peers. Is this true?

		--Dean

At 11:39 PM 1/21/1999 -0500, Daniel Senie wrote:
>I'd like to find out which networks use the RADB or IRR databases to
>build their routing policies, and how to look at their current databases
>or access looking glass or equivalent systems.
>
>It's becoming difficult to take a network multihomed without having
>parts of the net appear to be black holed in other parts of the world.
>It appears difficult to ascertain which networks are doing what with
>policies.
>
>So far I am aware of CW.NET and ANS.NET using the routing databases to
>build their policies, but am not aware of a way to look at their tables.
>If anyone has pointers to their resources, or those of other nets using
>the routing registries, please let me know.
>
>--
>Daniel Senie                                        [email protected]
>Amaranth Networks Inc.            http://www.amaranthnetworks.com

           Plain Aviation, Inc                  [email protected]
           LAN/WAN/UNIX/NT/TCPIP          http://www.av8.com