RE: RE: ATM Switch Interoperability

  • From: Martin, Christian
  • Date: Wed Jan 20 16:28:35 1999

Steve,

In your experience, then, would you agree that higher SCR rates should
have higher MBSs, so that the Burst Tolerance linearly increases with
SCR?  I have a problem with an MBS of 100 for SCR 1000 up to 1000000.
CDVT gives us some bucket depth, but I don't think we're clumping.  The
LS1010 doesn't shape VBRnrt, just polices.  At the far end is a Fore
ASX1000.  So, we have three different vendors in the mix.  Our ATM
provider sets MBS to 100 no matter the contract.  This seems too
restrictive.

Chris