Re: What does the NIC in InterNIC mean? "Network Incompetence Consortium"

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Sat Jan 16 13:05:09 1999

On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 11:03:37AM -0500, [email protected] wrote:

> Now come on, give these guys a break. You have to understand that they run
> one of the largest services on the internet, and arguably the most
> important. Yes, their billing procedures have been bad, registration is
> slow, its often difficult to get someone on the phone to solve a problem,
> etc. etc..

Oh, I'm certainly willing to cut them some slack, as I know they're busy.
And the service is vastly improved since they first started maintaining it.

But things break way too often.

When things do break, Network Solutions' SOP seems to be to blame everyone
but themselves. (remember the fight between NetSol and Paul Vixie over the
lame delegations a couple months ago?)

So while they might be telling the truth, I am a little suspicious. They
may be telling the truth, or they may just be attempting to CYA.

--
Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com