RE: ATM Switch Interoperability

  • From: Martin, Christian
  • Date: Sat Jan 16 00:43:33 1999

We have it matched to the policing policy of the Network Provider.  By
increasing the CDVT, we gain some bucket depth, but we are only MUXing 5
VCCs over one VP.  There shouldn't be too much clumping, espescially
considering the load on the switches(low).  One thing is interesting,
though:  The far end (customers) are all running over DS3 using HEC
delineation.

A curiosity:  Given the parameters below for the contract, particularly
the MBS and CDVT, does it appear that we are being cheated?  From my
understanding of the UNI 3.1 spec, the MBS should be adjustable
according to SCR/PCR, given the fact that CDVT is defined as the same
for both SCR and PCR buckets.

One obstacle that myself and my colleagues have not been able to
overcome is the use (aside from bucket calculation) of the Burst
Tolerance.  It is obviously proportional to the MBS, but again, it
appears as if a contract specifying a PCR/SCR of 100000/50000 cells per
sec, should have a higher MBS than a 10000/5000 cell/sec contract.

Any insights?

Chris