Re: Huge smurf attack

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Tue Jan 12 18:56:00 1999

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 05:37:17AM -0800, Michael Dillon wrote:

> > Much as I hate to say it, this seems to be one area where industry
> > self-regulation has utterly failed. I don't know what would be a better
> > solution; I hate to suggest government regulation. But I'm at a loss here.
>
> Government regulation is clearly the solution. Then everyone would have
> networks as well-run as the U.S. military...

The problem, of course, at least where smurf amplifiers are concerned, is
that many ISP's are *better* configured than the military. :) Who was it
that said a day or two ago that a majority of smurf amplifiers are being run
by military sites?

--
Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com