Classfull registration in RAdb.

  • From: batz
  • Date: Tue Jan 12 14:21:48 1999

I am currently registering routes for the company I work for and
I am wondering whether I should register customers classfull space.

In getting a list of our route assignments by comparing global BGP
table route origins with ARIN SWIP information, I came across a
number of class-B's that belong to customers that are not doing
BGP with us. All the blocks are portable space, and I am wondering
whether it would be correct to create route objects with our ASN
as the "origin:" or to require them to register their space and
use our ASN in the "origin:" attribute of the route object.

Though I understand responsibility for route registration lies with
the maintainer of the block, if they choose not to create a maintainer
object, other sites will not get the customers routes from the RAdb if they
are generating access-lists using our policy object.

If the address space is portable, but they do not have an ASN, who
has the authority to regsiter the route object to a particular ASN?

Thanks to Gerald Andrew Winters from Merit for his previous
assistance in helping me with the policy here. I just thought
that I'd bring these issues up in a public forum as they don't seem
to be documented.

-j

--
jamie.reid              |       Spare Parts for the Human Appliance
Chief Reverse Engineer  |       www.vapour.net