Fwd: Mailing List (1999)

  • From: Alan Spicer
  • Date: Sun Jan 10 22:47:29 1999

Has anyone else received email similar to this? I haven't got the headers
yet because this was forwarded to me by management. megasuccess.net isn't
listed in InterNIC but there are similar domain names. I don't want to
contact or complain about the wrong organization or people. Replies to
me only by email, unless this is some massive UCE campaign, please.

Maybe they have already been shutdown by their provider?

>>From: [email protected]
>>Date: 1/9/99 5:27:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>>To: [email protected]
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Please forgive the intrusion.
>>
>>Your email address is on a  list that we purchased.
>>
>>Realizing that these lists are often compiled without your knowledge this
>is our attempt to clean this list before we begin mailing. It is not an
>attempt to verify that your email address is valid. We use an automated
>mail system that deletes undeliverable email (invalid addresses).
>>Since you are reading this email we already know your address is valid.
>>
>>If you DO NOT want to receive mail reply with "REMOVE" in the subject line.
>>Please make sure remove is in subject line or mail software will delete
>your reply.
>>Mail is not read so yelling, screaming or sending threats will not get you
>on remove list.
>>Only the word  "REMOVE"  will work.
>>
>>You will be placed on our remove list and not receive any email from us
>again.
>>
>>We DO NOT want anybody on our list to receive email that does not want to
>be there.
>>
>>If you are one of the small group of people who believe that you have the
>right to decide what email everyone on the internet should receive, and are
>going to email every organization you can find to request that you not
>receive any more email from us, then please remember to include us in your
>mailing with "REMOVE" in the subject. Otherwise you will have wasted a lot
>of people's time and still receive email from us.
>>
>>Thank you all for understanding.
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>Bob Beaudoin
>>Webmaster MegaSuccess

>>This Message was Composed by a user of Automated E- Mail Software. If
>>you wish to be removed from this advertiser's future mailings, please reply
>>with the subject "Remove" and this software will automatically block you
>>from their future mailings.
>>
>Ebiznet...when results are more important than pretty web pages!

| Alan Spicer ([email protected])  NIC:AGS14      |
| www.ebiznet.com | www.websgreatesthits.com     |
|          www.trafficdirector.com               |
|             (OTC BB: BIZN).                    |