Re: Huge smurf attack

  • From: Brandon Ross
  • Date: Sat Jan 09 16:27:07 1999

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Brandon Ross wrote:

> This attack has now stopped.  I managed to collect over 100,000 addresses
> that we being used as amplifiers in this attack.  If anyone would like a
> copy, please let me know.

Since a couple folks have asked for it, and I think the list is a bit
large to send to the entire list, I've put the list up for anonymous ftp
at:

ftp://www.mindspring.net/users/bross/smurfsources

They've been sort | uniq 'ed.

Brandon Ross            Network Engineering     404-815-0770 800-719-4664
Director, Network Engineering, MindSpring Ent., Inc.  [email protected]
                                                            ICQ:  2269442

Stop Smurf attacks!  Configure your router interfaces to block directed
broadcasts. See http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.cgi for details.