Re: IGP Comparison (Summary of Responses)

  • From: Scott Brim
  • Date: Fri Jan 08 14:41:03 1999

At 12:46 PM 1/8/99 -0500, Antoni Przygienda wrote:
ISPs are customers here and until the world converges
>on one
>protocol (if it ever will), their needs should be met.

If we do see pressure for convergence, it will be evidence that we've
lost our hold on the multi-tier model.  If we like the multi-tier model
(and so far it's been useful) then we want to continue to make the IGP
you run in a given domain a local matter.  If it weren't we never would
have seen OSPF or ISIS deployed widely in the first place.

Cordiali saluti ... Scott