Re: Operational question: Building filters from IRRdbs

  • From: Gerald Andrew Winters
  • Date: Wed Jan 06 16:02:22 1999

Alex,

> Which version of peval do I have to run (3.xxx???) to work
> with the production servers? 4.xxx doesn't work with RADB
> etc.

Our production server, whois.ra.net/43, is RIPE181 compliant
until the community decides on a final transition date (hopefully
this spring/summer).  The ISI version 3.x tools are RIPE181
compliant and version 4.x are RPSL tools exclusively.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

regards,
--jerry

ps Unfortunately, ISI does not default to our server and you must
specifically set a command line flag so the tools can parse
the server output.  Check the man page for the correct flag
to select.