Re: What is NANOG used for? (Was Re: Exodus?)

  • From: Adam D. McKenna
  • Date: Tue Jan 05 20:12:46 1999

From: Dave Crocker <[email protected]>

:perhaps a web page which 'charters' the nanog list and defines the
:scope/nature of its intended discussions will help to avoid future
:misunderstandings?

There's already a charter.

http://www.nanog.org/aup.html

The problem with this is that it's ignored by 99% of the people on this list,
and only loosely enforced.

The absolutely useless bicker about what is appropriate for this list takes up
about ten times the volume of the inappropriate threads.  I think the best way
of dealing with an off-topic post would be to ignore it, reply privately, or
complain to the people who run the list.

By the way, is anyone else seeing dups?  I seem to be getting up to four
copies of every post.

--Adam
---
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `:)'

Adam D. McKenna
[email protected]