Re: Cisco config checker

  • From: Alex P. Rudnev
  • Date: Tue Jan 05 20:12:42 1999

We have cisco config analyser (it built the object tree) but it's not
more than BETA. I have idea to write good self-edicated analyser but this
idea is discussed only now.

Anyway, any sources (library on the PERL, I think) helping to build such
checkers and analysers will be appresiated. It's not too difficult to
built such analyser, but it's nessesary to keep config data base
up-to-date because IOS changes every day...

THis analyser was written by Julia Pasynkova, you can ask her by e-mail
([email protected]) - the ideas was of me and of her, and the code (on
the PERL) was written by her. But I think it's model only because it does
not use external data base we can to keep up-to-date.

Unfortunately, our attempts to search such tools resulted to nothing.

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Pete Kruckenberg wrote:

> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 22:29:58 -0700 (MST)
> From: Pete Kruckenberg <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Cisco config checker
>
> Is there such a thing as a Cisco config checker, to allow off-line editing
> of Cisco configs and check them before they're uploaded to the router?
> Preferrably something that could be used in a Web/Unix environment as a
> filter.
>
> If not, does anyone know of a source for a complete definition of Cisco
> configuration language, in some kind of standardized format, so I could
> possibly generate a config-checker myself?
>
> Thanks.
> Pete.

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)