Re: Something fishy at NetSol again...

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Tue Jan 05 20:12:32 1999

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 09:21:17AM -0800, Wayne wrote:

> I think I remember that NetSol was using or experimenting with some
> dynamic load balancing system to help scale up some of their
> services. If that work was successful then there may be several hosts
> behind a load balancer... effectively hidden behind a single IP
> address which seems to be the driver in the assumption that there's
> now only one host.

Yes. And as I think I mentioned, we should probably be reconfiguring our
whois clients to use whois.internic.net. However, I'd REALLY REALLY like for
someone from NetSol to verify this for me. (Please?)

The thing is, whois's standard out-of-the-box config doesn't default to
whois.internic.net...

--
Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com