Re: System And Network Monitoring

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Wed Dec 30 19:32:03 1998

Actually, no, that's just my bad. I listed the wrong URL. :)  (I was in a
hurry, couldn't find the REAL URL, and did a search, finding a DIFFERENT
sysmon product).

You were on there, but pointed at some lame-o Winbloze program. :)

My apologies for the confusion. The fkware.com software wasn't even
considered (and remains that way).

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	You forgot my sysmon :)
>
> 	http://puck.nether.net/sysmon/		 (Free, GPL)
>
> 	- Jared
> On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 02:59:01PM -0800, Derek Balling wrote:
> >
> > Well, as promised, I am reporting the summary of the leads I was given for
> > different products. If people want, I'd be happy to post our final
> > synopsis (which product we went with and why) after we finally DECIDE
> > which product we're going with (and why :) )
> >
> > Here's the overall list of what we received.
> >

> > Product Name		URL
> >
> > TIB/Hawk		www.tibco.com
> > WegSpective		www.atrieve.com
> > Pong3 (free)		www.megacity.org/pong3
> >   --- Interesting that the person who suggested this, didn't realize I was
> > the author of it ;-)
> > Spectrum		www.cabletron.com
> > Unicenter		www.cai.com
> > Tivoli			www.tivoli.com
> > SystemEdge		www.empiretech.com
> > Patrol			www.bmc.com
> > Trakker			www.concord.com
> > Rover			www.merit.edu
> > Sysmon (free)		www.fkware.com
> > NetExpert		www.osi.com
> > Big Brother (free)	maclawran.ca/bb-dnld
> > HP/OpenView		www.hp.com
> > NOCOL/SNIPS (free)	www.netplex-tech.com
> > NetCool			www.micromuse.com
>
> --
> Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from [email protected]
> clue++;      | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/  My statements are only mine.

Derek J. Balling          | "Bill Gates is a monocle and a white
[email protected]        |  fluffy cat from being a villain in the
http://www.megacity.org/  |  next Bond film."  - Dennis Miller