System And Network Monitoring

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Wed Dec 30 18:24:21 1998

Well, as promised, I am reporting the summary of the leads I was given for
different products. If people want, I'd be happy to post our final
synopsis (which product we went with and why) after we finally DECIDE
which product we're going with (and why :) )

Here's the overall list of what we received.

Product Name		URL

TIB/Hawk		www.tibco.com
WegSpective		www.atrieve.com
Pong3 (free)		www.megacity.org/pong3
  --- Interesting that the person who suggested this, didn't realize I was
the author of it ;-)
Spectrum		www.cabletron.com
Unicenter		www.cai.com
Tivoli			www.tivoli.com
SystemEdge		www.empiretech.com
Patrol			www.bmc.com
Trakker			www.concord.com
Rover			www.merit.edu
Sysmon (free)		www.fkware.com
NetExpert		www.osi.com
Big Brother (free)	maclawran.ca/bb-dnld
HP/OpenView		www.hp.com
NOCOL/SNIPS (free)	www.netplex-tech.com
NetCool			www.micromuse.com

Derek J. Balling          | "Bill Gates is a monocle and a white
[email protected]        |  fluffy cat from being a villain in the
http://www.megacity.org/  |  next Bond film."  - Dennis Miller