Re: OUTAGE: DACS failure in USWEST/spokane

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Mon Dec 28 17:36:35 1998

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Deepak Jain wrote:

> In all cases where the telco/clec/ixc demarcs the equipment in the
> customer's offices/pop doesn't the customer not only provide power, but
> space and cooling?

Yep.

> I don't think we have a facility that doesn't provide power, cooling and
> space to each carrier we use. They still provide their own battery
> shelves, rectify their own D.C. power in some cases, but we still provide
> the "line A/C" that runs through our batteries and generators.

Yep.

> Most facilities I have toured seemed to be setup similarly.
>
> Are these facilities' setups different than most others?

Most larger ISPs are able to get the IXC/ILECs to place there hardware in
the customers space, but with many smaller ISPs this is not the case. The
is more then case with ILECs who like to place SONET hardware in a common
building location and not in the customers space. Many times when the ILEC
does put a MUX in the customers space it is just a stub off of a MUX
somewhere in the building.