Re: ** Forged spamming going on

  • From: Dean Anderson
  • Date: Wed Dec 23 01:09:10 1998

At 02:54 PM 12/22/1998 -0800, George Herbert wrote:
>If the rules were bent in the NetSol case, it was bent in
>NetSol's favor, not visa versa.

Many people don't see it that way.

>>The bottom line is that the RBL is a powerful hammer, and the person in
>>control is inclined to act capriciously without concern for anyone else or
>>even follow his own rules about their "permitted activities" as he
>>originally defined them in the pages on qualification for the RBL.
>
>This opinion is unsupported by evidence.

Then you haven't been reading this list for the last month. And you
certainly haven't been paying attention for the last year.

>You have no more legal or moral
>standing to intervene than a fish does, at this point.

On that you are right. No one has any rights with Paul.  But thats half the
problem isn't it. There is no appeal to Paul.  No appeals committee that
makes sure there isn't some kind of personal vendetta or personal interest
or otherwise unfair decision.

Thats why we create standards and industry organizations isn't it?  Perhaps
a ARIN/Internic like organization should be created to run the RBL.
Something that doesn't arbitarilly change its rules when it feels like it.
Something that permits some recourse if it does.

>It is obvious by your repeated unsubstantiated hits on the RBL,
>Paul, and the RBL team that you have ulterior motives.
>Those underlying motives are fine: healthy skepticism
>about net interactions is a good thing.  But you aren't
>expressing reasonable, healthy criticism.  You keep trying
>to invent incidents of RBL abuse to justfy making RBL go away.

I didn't invent the NetSol incident.  I didn't invent the MSN incident last
year.  Those are operational issues.  You keep defending indefensible
conduct.  It makes me wonder what your motives are.

>This is, frankly, tiresome and immature.  With the lack of
>substantiation,

Its you who attack my motives without any substance.  I don't have any
ulterior motives. I run a small ISP just like many people on this list.
I'm rightly concerned about an unpredictable person with a powerful tool
which can affect many ISP's operations.

Whats tiresome is the continued praise of what are clearly Pauls mistakes.

		--Dean

           Plain Aviation, Inc                  [email protected]
           LAN/WAN/UNIX/NT/TCPIP          http://www.av8.com