Re: ** Forged spamming going on

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Tue Dec 22 19:30:41 1998

At 01:01 PM 12/22/98 , Dean Anderson wrote:
>At 12:59 AM 12/22/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>>I begin to think you're being _wilfully perverse_ in your
>>misunderstandings of things people state clearly.

First-off, I thought there was an RBL-discuss list ....

>The bottom line is that the RBL is a powerful hammer, and the person in
>control is inclined to act capriciously without concern for anyone else or
>even follow his own rules about their "permitted activities" as he
>originally defined them in the pages on qualification for the RBL.

Next, if you want to set up a competing RBL registry then knock yourself
out. Bring it up, politicize it the way you think it's right, and convince
others to use it. If its any good, I don't think Paul would cry alot over
it. Maybe, he'd breath a sigh of relief. I'm fairly sure he doesn't really
want the job, just filling a gap/need. Convince Paul that you'd do as good
a job as he does and he might even be your first customer.

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:[email protected]
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing...
                -- Thomas Jefferson