Re: ** Forged spamming going on

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Tue Dec 22 17:25:59 1998

First off, this doesn't belong here, it belongs on the rbl-discussion
mailing list, created specifically for this purpose, but...

> Thats an operational problem.  I think we either need to take the hammer
> away from Paul and give it to someone more even handed and fair about the
> application of the rules, or stop using the hammer altogether. The latter
> alternative is unlikely.

You can have fun trying to take the hammer from Paul's hands. Just make
sure you give me some notice so I can pack up some beer and chips and get
ready to watch the show. The RBL is Paul's. Not yours, not mine, not the
net's in general, and certainly not the government's. If he wants to make
a list of mail-servers he doesn't like, that's his business. It's my
business if I choose to use it. If I'm on it? Too bad. He doesn't like me,
and he has every right to make a list of people he doesn't like.

Luckily, Paul uses more logical methods of determining membership in the
RBL Club. :)

Derek J. Balling          | "Bill Gates is a monocle and a white
[email protected]        |  fluffy cat from being a villain in the
http://www.megacity.org/  |  next Bond film."  - Dennis Miller