Re: ** Forged spamming going on

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Mon Dec 21 15:11:02 1998

On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 09:07:29AM -0700, Robert Tarrall wrote:

> 4) Deny relaying, which sendmail 8.9.1a will do by default (has worked
>   great for us so far), and
> 5) Deny access to dial-access.att.net (and dialsprint.net, da.uu.net,
>   pub-ip.psi.net, etc) which is what we're doing here just because we
>   get so much spam directly from such dialup accounts these days.

If it's a forgery and the mail is not touching NAC.NET servers, neither step
is useful, although relaying should be shut off and SMTP access denied from
ISP dialup banks as a general rule.

--
Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com