mae-east-atm, update

  • From: Dave Rand
  • Date: Sat Dec 19 12:26:48 1998

Well, at least two people are now live on the mae-east ATM.  Above.net, with
an OC12, and Iconnet, with an OC3.  After being operational for a few days,
I can say that it performs really well with 1 Mbps of traffic :-)

Hopefully, some more folks will be live on it soon, and we can see how it
is going to scale.  I still think that PNIs are the right way to go,
but this will work fine for the smaller networks, as an economy-of-scale
connection.  Let's hope the switches have adequate buffering...

--
Dave Rand
[email protected]