Re: InterNIC "whois server <handle>" broke?

  • From: Jeffrey Haas
  • Date: Fri Dec 18 16:13:29 1998

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 12:44:53PM -0800, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > But a means still needs to exist for the authorized contact for a
> > host to be able to get the full server list that Internic has for
> > that host.  Sending the list by e-mail to the contact of record would
> > seem to me to be the best way to do it.
>
> http://www.internic.net/reports/
>
> (I'm not saying this works, just that it exists)

It does work, but ONLY for things that are the primary domain, not
the secondaries.  Hence, it doesn't fulfill the need.

Additionally, they send it to you on a periodic basis.  Some of these
issues need to be resolved quicker than that.

(N.B. - The report format is damn ugly, but its saved a couple of our
client ISPs from getting their domain name shut off.)

--
 Jeffrey Haas   "Denial of Spamming is not a crime."
[email protected]  -- Russell Nelson <[email protected]>