Re: InterNIC "whois server <handle>" broke?

  • From: Jeffrey Haas
  • Date: Fri Dec 18 15:59:37 1998

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 01:31:16PM -0600, Phil Howard wrote:
> But a means still needs to exist for the authorized contact for a
> host to be able to get the full server list that Internic has for
> that host.  Sending the list by e-mail to the contact of record would
> seem to me to be the best way to do it.

I would wholeheartedly support locking out the server directive if
I was given one of these two methods:

authenticate yourself by telneting into internic.net at the whois
prompt.  From there, I could then issue a query for all domains
that list my server's NIC handles.

So, in my case, I'm MNO5.  I could then query for anything that
MNO5 is either:
o a contact
o a dns server attached to my contact

I could even live with the request being done live and then e-mailed
to me.

I would _really_ love a way to lame delegate my stuff via password
login as well in a batch fashion.

I'm wondering if part of the problem is they're changing DB systems,
and don't have the appropriate macros installed yet.

--
 Jeffrey Haas   "Denial of Spamming is not a crime."
[email protected]  -- Russell Nelson <[email protected]>