Re: [NIC-981207.1418] whois for 'server SERVER-HANDLE' not returning information?

  • From: nicholas harteau
  • Date: Fri Dec 18 15:21:38 1998

i complained to [email protected] about this a few nights ago, but
by the time they got around to replying to my mail, it had been fixed.

judging from the response, i think it's more likely that they're having
problems with the feature than killing it.

--
nicholas harteau
[email protected]

--- Begin Message ---

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Network Solutions, Inc., InterNIC
Registration Services.

This appears to be an error, as a similar search does return such a
list of domains when checked.

Best Regards,
Scott H
Network Solutions, Inc.

World Wide Web: http://rs.internic.net
E-mail:         [email protected]
Phone:          703-742-4777(Monday-Friday 7:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Time)
Billing Fax:    703-318-9125
Regular Fax:    703-742-9552(For Modification & Delete Authorization)
Postal:         Network Solutions, Inc.
                ATTN: InterNIC
                 505 Huntmar Park Drive
                 Herndon, VA 20170
Tax ID #:       52-1146119                       crg  11/02/98
nsi_rp112

> a few days ago, when i would make a whois query something like:
> [[email protected] ~] whois e0.ns.execpc.com
> [No name] (E13-HST)
>
>    Hostname: E0.NS.EXECPC.COM
>    Address: 169.207.1.122
>    System: ? running ?
>
> <etc>
> [[email protected] ~] whois 'server e13-hst'
> No match for server "E13-HST".
>
> i would get a list of domains relevant to that server.
>
> is this an error or a change in the behavior of the whois server?
>
> i'm hoping the former; it's a very useful feature.
>
> --
> nicholas harteau
> [email protected]
--- End Message ---