Security clearinghouses (was Re: heads up ... another imapd etc.)

  • From: John Bashinski
  • Date: Wed Dec 16 14:41:36 1998

> There really needs to be a clearing house for companies to get together and
> help track down these so called great hackers (script kiddies).

The Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) does essentially
that. Its Web site is at "http://www.first.org";.

The Computer Emergency Response Team / Coordination Center (CERT/CC)
tries to maintain statistics, and can often provide introductions to
the people you need to talk to. Its Web site is at "http://www.cert.org";

Somebody (IOPS?) was starting an ISP-specific group, which had many
of the big players on it. I don't remember any direct contact information,
and am not sure that I can give it out to the public anyway.

                                -- John B.