[Fwd: fwd: Black Hole Vixie/RBL]

  • From: Sean Rolinson
  • Date: Mon Dec 14 16:29:22 1998

Hello,

I apologize for responding to a thread that is over a week old.  I had
some technical difficulties in sending this email.  Anyway, here it is:

Do we know how many ISPs are actually using the RBL and what percentage
of the total users of the net this covers??  I read an article in Info
World
talking about commercialization of Sendmail which estimated that 75% of
the
mailers on the net were using Sendmail.  (Info World, December 7, 1998.
Page 76)

For the record, I think the RBL is a good idea.  If you want to use it
great, if you don't want to use it great.  Today, you still have a
choice.  If you didn't have the choice I'd be singing a different tune.
:)

I've had to deal with Paul and the MAPS group in the past from being
RBL'ed (actually one of our servers is currently RBL'ed).  IMHO, they
are quite reasonable when putting people on or taking them off the list.

Just my $0.02...

Sean Rolinson
[email protected]
Director of Operations