Re: ARIN co-located nameserver problem

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Wed Dec 09 16:26:41 1998

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 11:44:11AM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> > It's really not ARIN's business what address space a nameserver lives on.
>
> arin is delegating.  a delegator has the obligation to the community to see
> that the delegatee's nameservice is correctly done.
>
> randy

BUT THAT IS ALL.

The authoritative answer for a zone, and request from the contact to change
the delegation to the new server (which returns authority) is IT.

Anything else isn't "responsibility" - it is punitive and potentially a lot
of other things I'd rather not say.

Karl Denninger ([email protected]) http://www.mcs.net/~karl
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.