Re: Lawsuit threat against RBL users

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Tue Dec 08 20:28:23 1998

On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 11:35:17AM -0800, Andrew Staples wrote:
> Dean wrote:
> >But claiming that you can "do anything you please with your equipment" is
> >complete BS.  There isn't anything more I can say.
>
> I really hope you mean that.
>
> Of course, cant' != won't

You CAN do anything you want with your equipment!

If it happens to violate the terms of your clients' contracts with you,
though, expect to get hauled into court.

Dean is right that it's stupid to filter without someone's permission. Dean is
way wrong when he says that claiming you can "do anything you please with your
equipment" is BS. Last I checked, unless we're talking about colocated
equipment, you DO own the equipment involved and have a right to do with it
what you wish.

--
Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com